1. What is the product?
2. What is the bulk density?
3. What is the flow rate?
4. Is it powder, granular, lumpy, dry, moist, etc.?
5. How is the product conveyed? Gravity? Pneumatically? Mechanically?
6. If by gravity, is it vertically or on an angle and what is the spout size?
7. If pneumatically, is it a dense or dilute phase system and what is the line size?
8. If mechanically, is it by belt conveyor, screw conveyor, etc.?
9. What size is the ferrous contaminants you are trying to extract, large, medium or fines?
Once a magnet has extracted the metal contaminant from the product, the magnet itself has to be periodically cleaned. Most magnetic separators
are available with options to simplify cleaning. This is especially helpful with rare earth magnetic separators
due to their powerful nature and difficulty in cleaning.
Manual cleaned magnets require an operator to access the magnetís working surface and pull or wipe off any metal contaminants. This can prove to be difficult and dangerous. Sharp metal pieces could easily injure someone.
EZ CLEAN magnets incorporate a device that still requires operator interaction but does so in a way that metal is released without having to come in contact with it.
POW-R CLEAN magnets are magnets that are continuously self cleaning themselves or operate at the push of a button or automatically if linked to an automated system. These are especially convenient when accessibility to the magnet is difficult or the magnet is very large and cumbersome making cleaning difficult.