Square Plate Magnets
Plate Magnets are designed for use in chutes and suspension over conveyed product. Installed on the bottom side of a chute, a Plate Magnet will provide maximum protection as product travels through the powerful magnetic circuit. The magnetic field projects from the face of the Plate Magnet reaching into the product stream and pulling the ferrous contaminants to the magnet face. The magnetic field on a Plate Magnet is strongest at the surface and gets weaker the further you move away.
To prevent captured ferrous contaminants from being washed off from oncoming product, a trap face design should be chosen. A trap face is a tapered step on the magnets working surface. This trap is placed at a position within the north and south magnetic fields that cause captured ferrous contaminants to be drawn to the underside of the trap where they are safely held on to, preventing washoff from oncoming product.
It is also important to note that the magnetic area of a Plate Magnet should cover the entire width of the spout it is protecting.
Plate Magnets usually have a 1” flange around the perimeter that is non-magnetic. This flange is used to seal the magnet shut to prevent product leakage. If the spout you are trying to protect is 12" wide, a 14” wide magnet should be ordered. It is recommended that angle material is welded to the outside of the spout to allow the overlapping flange to seal against it. Plate Magnets suspended over conveyed products can have a flat face design if product is not coming in contact with the magnet.
It is important to know the suspension height of the magnet face relative to the bottom of the material burden. This information will help in the proper selection of magnet strength. Plate Magnets can be made in various strengths to optimize performance in various depth product streams. The shallower the product stream, the better the separation results will be. Heavy duty factory fabricated hinges, handle, and locking latches are provided for simple installation and maintenance.
- 100% stainless steel enclosed construction
- Permanent Ceramic and Rare Earth (Neodymium-Iron-Boron and Samarium-Cobalt) magnetic material will not demagnetize
- Maximum reachout and control designs for effective removal of ferrous contaminants
- Heavy duty latches, hinges, and handle for easy installation and maintenance
- 1" wide dust control flanges
- All welded construction for rugged use
- Four standard strengths to choose from, and in widths to match most chutes
- Custom sizes, designs, and mounting
- 316L stainless steel and other alloy construction
- POW-R CLEAN™ option to pneumatically operate hinged stripper face for automated self-cleaning
- Sanitary construction
- Single Trap, Pole Face, Twin Trap, or Suspended Face designs
- Various magnetic strengths to choose from